Whether you’re the lovey-dovey type or not, let’s face it: there’s nothing like celebrating the luuuv with a romantic meal ♥ ! NYC is full of intimate date spots without having to make you go cheesy/pricey The River Café, One if by Land or Michelin route. So pucker up and check out the best no-frills New York restaurants for a romantic winter date, or any time of the year!
5. The Waverly Inn – As far as quintessential NYC staples go, The Waverly Inn wins the West Village prize. First, for its historical landmark location, but most of all, for its unique neighborhood charm. The whole place is distinctive, charming, and incredibly cozy. The very best seats are at the back of the restaurant in their covered patio – it doesn’t get any more romantic than sitting by the fireplace of this beautifully lit garden room.
4. Maison Premiere – This New-Orleans inspired oyster & cocktail bar is a Brooklyn institution and the sexiest bar in Williamsburg: romantic setting + awesome vibe + highly alcoholic spirits + aphrodisiac oysters = recipe for a perfect date spot! ♥ You’re not going home alone after having your prohibition evening here!
3. Little Owl is of those quintessential West Village dining spots on every New Yorker’s bucket list. First, because it has remained a NYC staple for the past decade, and second because of its iconic location. Regardless of its touristy attraction, the charming and homey feel of Little Owl is what makes it so inviting. It’s cute, it’s crazy charming, it’s delicious!
2. Zenkichi – If you love Japanese food and are looking for a special Brooklyn date night, Zenkichi’s a score. Zenkichi is the perfect spot for a hot romantic date – not so much for the atmosphere, but for its unique intimate seating. Once you go up the candle-lit stairs, you find yourself in a windowless corridor of semi-private dining booths! Keep in mind you’re not invisible though – the relaxing setting and sexy illicit feeling will make you want to skip straight to dessert if you know what I mean! 😛
1. Il Buco – Considering its ongoing hype and popularity, it’s hard to believe this iconic Noho Italian restaurant has been a NYC staple for over 20 years! Although Il Buco is always packed and buzzing, everything from the rustic-chic surroundings, the lighting to the vibe, sets the mood for a cozy and intimate dining experience. For the ultimate romantic dinner date, the downstairs cellar is among the most stunning rooms in the city!