Winter is almost over people (although it hardly made an appearance this year in NYC #bestwinteryet). So cozy up by a fireplace, drink some hot chocolate, and carb load before bikini season! 😎 NYC There’s no better winter dish than a decadent fondue. So for those of you who didn’t make it to the Swiss Alps this year, get your fondue fix before it’s too late with the best joints New York City has to offer.
5. Kashkaval Garden – For those of you who don’t know what kashkaval is, it’s a delish Bulgarian cheese, which you can get in fondue form at this Hell’s Kitchen nook. If you’re not one to mess with fondue tradition, the classic is also available, as well as truffle and cheddar cheeses, all for just $14! It’s not your après-ski experience, but you can’t beat the price!
4. Trestle on Tenth – This Swiss restaurant in West Chelsea serves traditional fondue every Sunday evening throughout the colder months, with cured meats, steamed potatoes, and cornichons of course!
3. Murray’s Cheese Bar – Bleecker Street’s cheese haven offers a $25 Alpine-style fondue with Chablis, nutmeg and an option to add chorizo!
2. Taureau – Fondue in all shapes and sizes! Go to this Soho bistro for cheese, meat (bourguignonne) & dessert fondues.
1. Cafe Select – The Après Ski Fondue Chalet at Café Select has it all: authentic Swiss cheese fondue (and with white truffle), a fun vibe and great prices. Served from 7pm.