Summer is finally making an appearance, and there is no summer moment like a Montauk sunset. Hamptons season has begun, so make sure you tick all the best Montauk spots off your list while you can!
5. The Crow’s Nest – Although The Crow’s Nest is best at dusk for stunning sunset skies and waterfront views, it faces North-East which means you need to look over your left shoulder as you look out on the water to actually see the sunset. It still made the top 5 ranking and remains Gourmadela’s #1 restaurant in the East End.
4. Inlet Seafood Restaurant, the “last restaurant in Long Island”, has been a Montauk staple since its opening. Owned by six local commercial fishermen, this casual seafood eatery boasts panoramic views of Montauk Harbor and the Block Island Sound. The two-floor restaurant offers ample seating, the perk being its outdoor decks with the best sunset and water views.
3. Navy Beach – If it weren’t for its snotty staff, Navy Beach would be fighting for the top spot for the best sunset in Montauk. This trendy beachfront restaurant overlooking Fort Pond Bay and Gardiner’s Island is a popular boating destination, for daytime hangouts or the quintessential summer drinking experience. With its prime location, it’s hard to beat Navy Beach’s view and its stunning sunset.
2. Duryea’s – Although the original Duryea’s will always be missed, the newly renovated high-end marina and restaurant still has the same breathtaking sunsets. Duryea’s sunsets creates the most amazing colors, reflecting on the beautiful waterfront views.
1. Montauket is THE go-to place in Montauk for the most spectacular sunsets over Fort Pond. This dive bar is even claimed to be the best sunset spot in the whole East End of Long Island.