Mother’s Day is around the corner and beautiful spring days are finally here! Make the most of the sunny blue skies and flowers blooming and plan a unique New York family outing with a view! Here are the top 5 best restaurants with a view to spoil your mamma or special someone.
5. The Loeb Boathouse Central Park – No stay in New York City is complete without a stunt at the iconic Loeb Boathouse.The Boathouse is a true oasis in the city, with its prime lakeside setting in the middle of Central Park. Have the best Jumbo Lump Crab Cake in the city before exploring the lake in a rented rowboat or a digestive stroll in the park.
4. Nougatine is the more casual sister-restaurant of 3-star Jean-Georges, in a stylish, contemporary space overlooking Central Park. Come for lunch or brunch before a stroll in the park, or during warmer months, sit at the Terrace at Jean-Georges, their beautiful outdoor patio designed by Philippe Starck.
3. Robert is another one of those New York restaurants you go to exclusively for the view. Located on 9th floor of the Museum of Arts and Design building, go there for the sweeping views of Columbus Circle and Central Park.
2. River Café – Nestled under the Brooklyn Bridge with incomparable views of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty, this elegant Dumbo restaurant is a favorite destination for New Yorkers and visitors from around the world who want a memorable NYC dining experience. Head to River Café during sunset, after a beautiful walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.
1. Asiate – located on the 35th floor of the five-star hotel Mandarin Oriental, Asiate boasts one of New York’s most spectacular panoramic city views. Come for lunch or brunch to make the most of the breathtaking cityscape views on Columbus Circle and Central Park. For a very special outing, bundle a meal at Asiate with a performance at neighboring Lincoln Center or a Broadway show.