Spring is here, and Easter is near! 😎 How eggciting! And there is no real Easter without Easter eggs… Sooo if you have no Easter egg hunt planned this year, get your sunny side up and head to the best spots in NYC for the most decadent, eggceptionally unique egg dishes, with a combination of flavors you never even knew eggsisted. No yolking around!
5. Deviled Eggs at The Spotted Pig : even hard-boiled-egg-haters will enjoy April Bloomfield’s infamous $5 deviled eggs – Spot-on Spotted Pig!
4. Scotch Egg at The Breslin : Bloomfield is the egg master again, with a sinfully decadent $10 scotch egg that will blow your cholesterol through the roof! (to be consumed in moderation 😉 )
3. Fedora‘s Poached Egg with Shiitake and Oyster Mushrooms – another one of my West Village neighborhood faves. This $18 dish and their “Egg in a Hole” will make you want to lick your plate!
2. Casa Mono‘s Creamy Eggs with Sea Urchin, Walnuts, Lime and Ancient Anchovy Oil $17– so many things could go wrong right here, but Mario Batali makes it oh so right! This Michelin-starred tapas joint takes scrambled eggs to a whole new level.
1. SakaMai‘s Egg on Egg on Egg – “Eggs like sea urchin. Sea Urchin likes caviar. Caviar likes eggs. So I thought they would go well together.” Chef Akiyama was RIGHT! But you’ve got to taste this luscious and uni-que dish to believe it.